FLOAT features an ADA compliant floatation suites, with ample room for wheelchair access and an ADA compliant shower. Many clients with severe fibromyalgia and other movement restricting problems find this specially designed room very helpful. Each flotation suite contains a changing area and private showers. The isopod is automatically cleaned and disinfected after each use and will be pristine for every client, every visit.
IMPORTANT: Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your session, all sessions start precisely on time.
- Do not shave, wax, or tan at all on the day of your float session as the high salt content of the water can be irritating. Vaseline is provided in every float suite to cover any small cuts and grazes.
- Do not wear any hair or skin products prior to floating. If you have hair coloring that has not set you cannot go in the tank until the color is set and nothing washes out in the shower.
- Try not to eat about an hour before the float and have an empty stomach and bladder.
- Avoid caffeine 4 hours prior to your session.
- You must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- You may not want to wear your “best” clothes as the Epsom salts can be corrosive to shoes and clothes. If you do each room contains garment bags to protect your clothes.
- We recommend bringing a bath sized towel, but you can rent a big fluffy one from us for $3.
Your First Float
- Your first session will start out with a 5 minute introductory video on flotation therapy and the True REST Float Center.
- You will be taken to the Quiet Room where you will replace your shoes with sandals
The Float Suite
- Upon entering the floatation suite you will rinse off in a warm shower
- Each room contains earplugs and Vaseline to cover up small cuts and grazes. We recommend earplugs to avoid swimmers ear and salt in your ear canal.
Entering the i-sopod
- Climb into the i-sopod and lie back gently, the buoyancy will lift you up easily even though the water is only 10 inches deep.
- Upon entering the i-sopod the automatic sensors will start your full 60 minute float session.
- The lights remain on until you turn them off, and the water is heated to skin temperature
- Music will begin as soon as you enter the Pod. Music lasts 10 minutes in the beginning followed by silence and 5 minutes at the end of your session.
- It may take awhile for your brain to settle down, but the music is designed to distract you from your own thoughts. Do not become frustrated if it takes your mind a bit to settle down as everyone experiences this at first. The real benefits are normally only noticed after the session is complete.
- You are in complete control of your floatation experience. Since you are in a private room, so you can leave the pod door open if you wish (you may feel a chill if you leave it open the entire hour), alternatively you can prop it partially open with your towel, rolled up. You might want to leave the pod’s interior light on. (Switch is to your right while lying down).
- If you get salt in your eyes there is a bottle of pure water hanging inside the pod.
- It is difficult to gauge how relaxed you are whilst floating, but will you notice afterward! Clients with sports injuries or back pain experience some discomfort in the early stages. One’s brain focuses on even minor sensations due to a complete lack of “feeling” elsewhere. Keep relaxed and the aches and pains will drift away.
- Focus on RELAX! Your body and head are completely supported by the water. You do not need to force you head up and your are in no danger of rolling over. Try touching the bottom of the pods with your hands…it is very difficult.
Ending the Session
- Music will begin letting you know your session has ended. If you fall asleep the lights will turn on gradually and the automatic purification system will start, waking you up. If this doesn’t work and you are still asleep you may hear a knock on the door.
- Upon exiting the i-sopod make sure to thoroughly rinse off all salty water and to rinse your ears thoroughly, as in rare cases crystalline salt can cause ear aches.
- Once dressed, please vacate the float suite within 10 minutes of the end of your session, as we need to prepare for the next client.
- You may re-claim your shoes and use our FLOAT lounge for hair drying, makeup, preparation or to simply relax.